Text Machine Lab
The Text Machine Lab at UMass Lowell conducts research in
natural language processing. Our current projects span the
following research areas:
- clinical natural language processing, including information
extraction, and predictive modeling using clinical
- text-based temporal reasoning
- crowdsourcing knowledge generation for text processing.
- digital knowledge and sentiment tracking for digital
humanities and social science.
- computational lexical semantics, distributional analysis and
machine learning techniques for representing lexical meaning.
We develop and employ data-informed statistical machine learning
techniques for robust information extraction and knowledge
engineering methods that leverage human behavior for information
Current and past projects the lab has been involved in: